Friday, March 23, 2007

Spring is here... finally...

It's T-shirt weather! Let's celebrate! No seriously, I'm wearing a T-shirt and flip-flops. It's been forever since I could do that without freezing the moment I step outside. I'm quite excited.

It would be even better if I wasn't sick. Yeah no fun at all. It's probably because I haven't been sleeping. But tonight I'm going to see the movie 300 with one of my friends and I'm really looking forward to it.

Hmm what else is happening... well spring break was allright, my family and I went to Duluth for a couple of days. We were going to stay at the Edgewater, that new waterpark over there, but when we got there we didn't get the room we were supposed to AND it was filthy and loud, even though they said we were in the quiet area. So we left and started calling hotels, but everything was booked that I called. So we decided maybe we'd just go home and try it again some other time, but my sister wanted to go to Canal Park for a little bit first. So we were driving and saw a hotel that I hadn't called, the Inn on Lake Superior. BEAUTIFUL!!! We got a room that had a king bed, two queen beds, and a sofa sleeper for like $120 a night. Best deal I've ever seen, but then again I probably looked really desperate by that point, so maybe the front desk receptionist took pity on me. And, that awesome rate wasn't all. There was a heated rooftop pool that's open year-round plus an indoor pool and whirlpool, they had a propane-fueled campfire every night to cook s'mores over, they had a free continental breakfast where you could make your own Belgian waffles or have eggs and sausage or biscuits and gravy, or cereal or oatmeal... you get the drift. It was pretty impressive! Yeah I don't ever remember staying in an upscale hotel like that, so I was like a country kid in NYC. And the second night we were there we got snow, like 4 inches in just a couple of hours, and the next day one of the hotel employees went around and brushed the snow off the cars in the parking lot. They've got room service pizza too... it was just great. Definitely a very relaxing couple of days, and I needed it!

My best friend had surgery on Thursday, I guess it was really rough for her but it went well, for the most part she said that the night was the worst part and I can believe it. But I was really worried, so I'm glad she made it through okay.

Anyway, it's almost time for class to start so I'm done now.

1 comment:

Miss Mallory said...

I hope 300 was as good as I think it is (freaking AMAZING!!!). Because, well... Spartans... Anything else need be said? No.


Spartans.