Wednesday, February 7, 2007

It only takes two to tango!

So, I just decided I'm in the middle of a triangle. Not even one of the points on the triangle, but smack-dab in the middle. And all three of those points want me to choose between them. I started thinking about this, and here's what I've concluded. One of those points is the ex-boyfriend who thought it would be funny to get me drunk--forget about him. So that narrows it down to two points, and that's where it gets tough. Both of them are great guys that I really think I would be happy with, I can talk to either of them for hours and not get sick of either one's company...

So the question I'm dealing with now is, how does one make such a choice? I have no idea. I guess I've never really been in this situation before and it's quite frustrating, I must say. And then there's just a ton of pressure from all angles since we all know what's coming up next week. That leads to question number two, how does one make everyone happy or else decide who isn't quite as important to keep happy? I have four, count em, four invitations to hang out on Valentine's Day. What's the big deal?

Honestly, I hate the holiday and I wish it didn't exist, and it has nothing to do with being single or anything. I just think it's a dumb excuse for companies to make cheesy-romantic products to sell to cheesy-romantic people who actually think that giving a cheesy-romantic gift for Valentine's Day is the perfect idea, and a dumb excuse to put pressure on couples and not-quite-couples. The way I see it, forcing someone to be romantic just doesn't work. Romance should happen 365 days out of the year, not just one, and it shouldn't have to be prompted by a holiday which makes it expected.

I'm a bit off track here. So here's my list: Rick (point #1) wants to hang out, go to dinner and a movie or something. Chris (point #2) wants to know if I have plans but won't tell me why he's asking. Mike (the ex) says he doesn't know if he's coming over here but he doesn't want me to make plans with anyone else. Liz (old roomie) wants to have a movie night. And Val wants to go bowling. Wait, that's five invites. Oh boy.

Maybe I'll just tell em all to hang out with each other and hide in my room all night.

No comments: