Sunday, February 4, 2007

So far Behind it's not even funny

I just finally figured out that I'm supposed to have posted my comments on the first three chapters of Rebecca Blood's book... by dark today... yeah I'm a little behind on things.

Anyway! I think Blood's book is really interesting so far because I have so little experience with weblogs, and therefore very little knowledge about them. The distinctions between blogs, notebooks, and filters were okay but I had (and am still having) some trouble with the difference between a blog and a notebook. Even looking through some on this site with the "next blog" button isn't really helping me out. I also think that chapter three might be better placed at the beginning of the book, though it is nice to have the history and types at the beginning. Maybe even a mix of the two would be better, but I'm not sure. I liked how Blood said that anyone who keeps a weblog eventually shares information, builds reputation, and expresses personal opinion, no matter what the primary reason is. And I couldn't agree more with her statement that it's hard to write every day, and that it's hard to write poorly every day. I'm starting to see why a blog is a good way to make oneself write every day and to avoid writing badly, just from keeping my own blog these past couple of weeks. The way she explains starting a weblog is pretty straightforward and the questions she says one should ask about each service are good ones!

No comments: