Monday, February 5, 2007

Minnesota Lingerie Just isnt Doing it Anymore

-35 at my house this morning when I left for Bemidji. Yesterday I almost didn't make it to work because my car wouldn't start, and it was only -28 that night. So I stayed up all night last night and started the damn thing every couple of hours. What a waste of gas. I want a garage or a plug-in that works. Is that so much to ask?

Then I had to actually load up the car and leave at 7am. Even with the car running off and on all night it still took forever for the car to warm up. I was probably 30 miles from home before it was comfortable enough inside to take off my glove. Yep, one glove, just so I could hit the buttons on the radio without hitting three at a time. Then back on with the glove.

I've decided this isn't the way winter should be. I can handle this bitter cold, but there's no snow to make it worth it. Three inches doesn't do much. That causes pipes and sewers to freeze when it gets so cold. Thank god I live in the dorms so no worries about that. My brother's pipes froze and he frostbit his fingers trying to thaw them out. Our pipes tried to freeze at my house this weekend, not good.

The tunnel system here is really crowded. Yeah, I know, duh. I hate the tunnels, they are really spooky. But I hate frozen skin even more. So I choose the lesser of the two evils. I think I live in the wrong part of the country. In Arizona right now it's an even 50 degrees. Road trip anyone?

No comments: