Monday, February 26, 2007

I'm moving away from MN!

Okay, I'm not really moving. But I wish I was. We got ten inches of snow in two days at my house. Most of it came in the span of a few hours. And guess where I was in the middle of it all? Sitting on the side of this desolate country two-lane road that I have to drive in order to get home from work, with a flat tire. I drove over something, still no idea what it was, on my way home from work. No spare, just a donut tire, and no jack or tire iron to change the tire anyway. This was at like 6:30pm on Saturday. You know how many auto shops are open at that time, in the middle of nowhere? None, that's how many. So I called AAA. It took them an hour to call the towing company nearby and call me back. Then another half an hour for the guy to get there with the tow truck. So I sat there for an hour and a half in my car in tthe middle of a huge-ass snowstorm, with very little visibility and just my hazard lights to warn people I was there. Then after I got the car towed to the nearest auto shop, I finally had some good luck. The man who owns the auto shop lives above it in an apartment. He saw us pull up and unload the car, so he came down and offered to change the tire for me right then, and I could just stop by the next day and pay him. Yay. So he fixed it and I got home, at like 10 pm. And when I stopped the next day to pay for the tire change, I just had to pay for the tire, not the labor. It was neat. But grr, what a day.

No comments: