Saturday, February 10, 2007

What a long day...

I am so ready to quit my job at this moment. I can't wait until the weather gets better so my residents have a reason to be happier again. I hate being yelled at about the food. I didn't make the damned menu's, I just prepare the food and serve it to them. It's not my fault they don't like ham and bean stew. If I made the menu's, you know what they'd eat every day? Meat, and potatoes and gravy, and some kind of veggie, and cookies and cake. Not because it's easy. Because it's what they eat. They don't like soups, or funky dishes. They like what they lived on all their lives. So for most of them they want eggs and toast, or maybe oatmeal, in the morning, then meat and potatoes at both meals. And cookies and cake. Heaven forbid if you run out of cookies. I did today, and even though I had the gooiest caramel rolls fresh out of the oven everyone wanted a damn cookie. I ended up making a batch of cookies fifteen minutes before my shift was over. Grr. But at least I got to eat one. That made the whole ordeal worth it. Mmm, I love chocolate chip peanut butter cookies. Pure heaven.

No comments: